cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is What?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Netweaver and new to SDN. Its great to have such kind of sites for information..

straight to point..

Please give me the Information for the following (NO LINKS PLEASE, BECUASE I AM A FRESH BEGINER)

1. What is Netwevaer? Why SAP has comeup with Netweaver technologies..

2. is SAP and mySAP.com are same..?

3. SAP Solutions (SRM, SEM , etc) comes under mySAP.com or SAP ERP?

4. Web AS is part of Netwevaer ??

5. What is Stack (ABAP Stack / J2EE Stack)?

Please provide me answers in simple & understandable manner.. if possible with example..

have a greatday..

Venkat Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ArtMiller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the world of SAP, Venkat!

NetWeaver is the foundational technology suite on which SAP's business applications are built. The software elements within NetWeaver are common and universal, and not specific, to the individual business applications. Key elements of NetWeaver include an application server, a portal, a data warehouse product, a development infrastructure, and an EAI platform, among others.

SAP is the company. "mySAP.com" is an outdated term that SAP once used to refer to the full suite of SAP business applications; it has now been replaced by "mySAP Business Suite" and includes mySAP ERP, mySAP CRM, mySAP SRM, mySAP PLM, and mySAP SCM. There are many software modules/components/engines contained within--far too many to list here! Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM) is considered part of mySAP ERP.

Yes, the Web Application Server is a part of NetWeaver. It provides the runtime engine and development platform on which all applications are built. The term "stack" is a colloquial one referring to the two faces of the SAP WebAS: the ABAP engine, and the J2EE engine. Current SAP terminology refers to them as AS ABAP and AS Java". These two engines (or stacks, or platforms, or servers...) are generally installed separately, have different development environments and systems management tools, etc. Some elements are similar, but the two originate from highly different paradigms and thus are highly unique to each other.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was neat and crisp