cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS - Cost centre Default in Time sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing CATS timesheets for overtime recording. We required employee's cost centre to default on the time sheet but also allow employee's to change their cost centre.

When setting up data entry profiles under default values I've ticked the Master Cost centre box (As we are currently not using IT0315 and would like cost centre to display from IT0001)

Under Define Field Selection -> Data entry section;

Here I have specified the Receiver cost centre (CATSD-RKOSTL) as an input field. Ideally I would like this value to display the default cost centre on an employee's timesheet once timesheet has been released and also user to change cost centre.

How can I get employee's cost centre from IT0001 display on timesheet if we are not using IT0315?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have activated Cost Centre: CATSFIELDS-HDRKOSTL for display (both in data entry and settings) but the cost centre field doesnt even appear on the time sheet.

Is it possible to get the recieving cost centre to default?

Ideal it should default to employee's current cost centre but employee's should be allowed to change receiving cost centre as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the additional fields and map it in the field and default it.

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

here goes :

1. you need to be clear about requirements for sending and receiving cost centers,.. as mentioned in an earlier post sending cost center can be the master cc or the cc in it0315 and depends on your config.

2. your receiving cc should be in your data entry field selection for the user to be able to input data into.

3. now given the above what is your requirement? please be specific coz ability to input cc data be it sender or receiver depends on the business scenario

e.g.: emp-a works 4 hrs for a project whose cc is x, so 4 hours should be booked against cc x, however, since these 4 hours are after 6 pm, he may be eligible for a 'meal allowance' which he books against the home cost center and,.. now if this meal alowance is in it2010 as a wage type, the cost will be routed automatically to the home cc ...

so in view of the above I believe your original question is a bit vague, whilst sap cats is a very modular and powerful application, it is mandatory to have clarity of the business requirements before doing config.

4. if you want the user to be able to input both sender and receiver cc in the data entry section you can by all means make the selection in the screen fields config, however if you want the cc from it0001 to default in the sending cc field and allow the user to change it you may have to write a user exit to achieve it.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have activated Cost Centre: CATSFIELDS-HDRKOSTL for display (both in data entry and settings) but the cost centre field doesnt even appear on the time sheet.

Is it possible to get the recieving cost centre to default?

Ideal it should default to employee's current cost centre but employee's should be allowed to change receiving cost centre as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

So how do i get the timesheet to display the KOSTL field from IT0001 if i have ticked the check box for master cost centre.

From the list of cost centre options which should be made available to display the cost centre on timesheet?

- Cost Centre: CATSFIELDS-HDRKOSTL

- Reciver Cost: RKOSTL

- Sender Cost: SKOSTL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i am not aware of the config what ever filed u make as input in data entry make the same field as input in Settings also.

Cost Centre: CATSFIELDS-HDRKOSTL

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two checkboxes 1. Master cost center & 2. Cost Center.

If Master cost center is checked it is defaulted from IT0001 but if Cost center is checked it needs IT0315.

The cost center in IT0001 is KOSTL

The cost center in Reciver Cost Center is RKOSTL

The Cost center in Sender Cost Center is SKOSTL

If u make input field in data entry section also make it in settings.

R K