Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log on Page customization

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know is there any best way to load a certain Information on log on page in portal . The user should be able to change the information as when needed with out par file customization

What is the best place to store such information which may not comprise on log on page loading . The information must be taken from certain data store and to be printed on the log on page

Thanks & Regards

prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of data do you want to publish and from where does it come? If it is text content, you can use an iFrame or AJAX to integrate the content into the logon page. If the content comes from another portal, you'll have to check if it can be done (Javascript dependencies).

br,

Tobias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me share one of the case studies that I have worked on.

We had a requirement to display latest organizational news and updates on the logon page. The content should not be written directly into logon PAR as it will be change every now and then. So following was the approach that we had used.

Create a Java Dictionary project for storing the data

Create a WDJ application having a simple text box and a submit button which will store the data in Java Dictionary tables

Using JDBC connectivity, fetch the data from these tables to logon page

By this, you can by passed modifying logon PAR just to change the content.

I hope it helps,

Ameya