cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall 4.7 and install ECC6 on RHEL 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have 4.7 on RHEL 4. We need to do a fresh ECC 6 installation in this box by only removing 4.7 application & its data files. We don't want to uninstall Oracle 10.2.0.2 installed in this system & need to install ECC 6 using this Oracle. Please let me know the process to follow for the above task

Regards,

Kalyan,

Edited by: Kalyan Kumar Bandlamudi on May 27, 2011 5:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I don't recall if "Uninstall" option is there in SAP installation master of 4.7 (in Lifecycle maintenance")

Otherwise, you can manually clean up the old system without uninstalling Oracle.

Directories to clean-up:

/usr/sap/<SID>/*

/sapmnt/SID>/*

and

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata*

/oracle/<SID>/saptrace

/oracle/<SID>/sapbackup

/oracle/<SID>/mirrorlog*

/oracle/<SID>/origlog*

/oracle/<SID>/oraarch

After that, you can install ECC6 using old SID. Make sure that you have sufficient free space in <SAPDATA_HOME> for ECC6 database.

Please note, if you are going to change <SID>, you need to re-install Oracle and also need to create NEW SAP DIRECTORY structure for fresh installation.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Edited by: Rajesh Narkhede on May 27, 2011 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you so much for the update. My file system is looks like below. Kindly let me know from which of the below file system i have to delete the files.

/usr/sap/<SID>

/sapmnt/<SID>

/oracle

/oracle/stage

/oracle/<SID>

/oracle/<SID>/sapreorg

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata1

/oracle/<SID>/sapbackup

/oracle/<SID>/origlogA

/oracle/<SID>/origlogB

/oracle/<SID>/oraarch

/oracle/<SID>/mirrlogA

/oracle/<SID>/mirrlogB

Regards,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please dont delete 102_64 you have your binaries over there.Make sure that delete the hidden files in the home directroies of the user sidadm and orasid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you going to use same SID for your DB/SAP?

Stop SAP and DB.

Make sure you drop the database before you delete the files from OS level.

clear files from /usr/sap/<SID> & /sapmnt/<SID> and only delete sap related files from user home directory (<sid>adm and ora<sid>)

Answers (0)