Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ME be installed on AIX?

sharif_ahmad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to ME. The installation guide is suggesting that ME cannot be installed on AIX. We don't have windows or HP or Linux in our environment. Please help me.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that ME is not certified on AIX. You may refer to PAM https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/scl/default.htm?usecaseid=8&showheader=X&s... for more details.

Regards,

Alex.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharif,

I doubt anyone tried that, and me neither. So saying just in theory, it may be possible to deploy ME on AIX. But on your on risk, of course. What is the purpose of this? You know, there will be no support from SAP for such installation... You can try it just to play, I think

Anyway, to deploy SAP ME you need an SCA being prepared. It is done by installers which are supported only on mentioned platforms. So you may try to go through supported installation (anywhere on Windows/Linux/HP-UX) until you have the SCA, and try to deploy it. Again, this is all in theory. It may work, but what are you going to do further with that unsupported installation?

Regards

Anton