cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct a faulty account determination from SD summarily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my question is slightly o.t. in the CO forum, but as there are a lot of posters with very good broader competence here I decided to post the question here.

Due to a typo a wrong account has been posted to from SD for over a month in one of our companies.

The accountant wants to correct this summarily.

Obviously, the accounts in question are normally closed for manual postings and we would like to keep it that way as a manual posting would cause irritations in audit and also put in question the integrity of the tax postings associated.

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed to correct totals of the two accounts concerned? Is there any automatic way similar to KE4S (used for re-transferring billing documents to COPA using the current customizing settings).

Thanks for reading this

Nikolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolas

I think you know the answer to your question... W/o removing the auto posting indicator - You cant post a correction posting into these accounts....

What I would recommend is this - Take all approvals on paper, get proper signatures authorizing this task and then do the correction posting....

If you still wanna do it as an auto posting from SD ONLY, then here is the approach... This may require certain IMG settings

a. Your Original Posting was

Customer Dr

Revenue Cr (Wrong GL Account chosen)

b. Raise a SD Invoice onto the Customers or a DUMMY Customer with 100% discount... i.e. the entry that would be passed is

Discount............. Dr (Assign the Wrong revenue GL Account here)

Revenue ............Cr (Assign the correct revenue GL Account here)

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I feared there was no 100% satisfying solution.

We decided to create 2 new accounts corresponding to the two existing accounts concerned and post the correction to these new accounts so as to maintain a clean distinction between "systematic" and manual postings on account level.

Answers (0)