cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change end date of a Short term loan contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way to change the end date of a loan contract, if this contract was already settle and posted?

Currently, the end date is greyed off once contract is settled. Tried changing the field status but doesnt allow to be edited.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Katherine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Americans have become much less trusting in the banking-industrial complex, despite the ubiquity of large multinational bank branches. Consequently, a regular trickle of people have been leaving and electing for credit union membership. A short term loan will help you pay for your extra bank expenses until you switch to a credit union.

lorenz_sperl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katherine,

...I suppose you have posted all flows until maturity date - right? In this case I'd rather reverse the activity settlement; reverse the postings, change the end date, settle the deal again and finally post it again.

Regards

Lorenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, the end date should be editable for changing. Only the start date will be fixed. What product type are you using?

Anyway in case you want to move the end date for a reason like extension of contract, then you can use roll over option. This is supported only for Interest rate Instrument product type. This would help maintain the history of actions performed on the transaction.

But in case if you want to change the end date because you have input wrongly, then you have to change it in the contract. If you have posted the end date flows, then those flows have to be reversed in FTR_EDIT, reverse flows posted and then end date changed and new flows posted.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Im using product type 55B which is an interest rate instrument but I cant use the rollover functionality.

Rollover functionality is only applicable for fixed deposit. It seems that I cant use the rollover for product type 55B.

Is there any other way aside from reversing the contract?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Katherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry it was a mistake. Roll over is only applicable for fixed deposits not applicable for IRI.

For your case you need not reverse the full transaction. You can go to FTR_EDIT in change mode and then in cash flow, you can choose the end date flow and reverse it. This will generate a reverse flow and then you will be able to change the end date. This will generate you new flow on the new end date. You can post the reverse flow on TPM10 and then the new flow using TBB1.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

But as checked, I cannot edit flow the end date flow if not yet posted.

My contract is still in settlement status but end date is not yet posted and I need to change the end date.

It seems that editing flow still doesn't allow me to do so.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Katherine

lorenz_sperl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katherine,

can you reverse activity Settlement and then change the End-date in activity contract and settle the deal again?

Perhaps you have a Field-selection activ which has setting Display for activity Settlement...?

Regards,

Lorenz