Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsible person for each step of IDoc configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My company is new to IDocs and I have to configure the 1st IDoc here. I am aware of the ABAP part of creating segment and basic type creation and also writing the function module.

Can you tell me the responsible team like the basis & functional team for the other activities like the maintain partner profiles, maintain logical system, RFC destination, distribution model, port , etc., Since there is no functional person in my team I'll have to justify if I need someone's assistance.

Can I single handedly do it with research or would I need functional help ? Please advice.

Regards,

Dikshitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

steps to create idoc is sale t.code select leagcy system

sm59 and for idoc type and for mesage type we30 for we32 and we80 and we82 and for destrubuton bd 64 and we35 segemtation and check the we05 there you will find three types of record i.e is status record ther you have to see staus whether 03 or 01 or 53 , control records , data record

thanking you

3 REPLIES 3

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

you probably need to start with Arvind Nagpal's book - ALE, EDI, & IDoc Technologies for SAP, 2nd Edition.

In my opinion, you will definitely need a Basis techie who understands RFC, ALE, workflow

You also might need someone with strong ABAP experience who can also relate to the SD, MM, Master Data function guys.

It seems like a project team would be needed but I guess the book above would be the best place to start and you can draw your own conclusions then.

Hope this helps

Paul Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

steps to create idoc is sale t.code select leagcy system

sm59 and for idoc type and for mesage type we30 for we32 and we80 and we82 and for destrubuton bd 64 and we35 segemtation and check the we05 there you will find three types of record i.e is status record ther you have to see staus whether 03 or 01 or 53 , control records , data record

thanking you

0 Kudos

Thank You