cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ORDERADM_H and CUSTOMER_H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add new fields(Z fields) to Service Order at header level. I thought I would add it on ORDERADM_H but found that there is an object CUSTOMER_H for extensions. I would like to understand what essentially is the difference between them, how would it matter technically ?

Thanks in advance.

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The table CRMD_ORDERADM_H contains the standard fields of the order header. The table CRMD_CUSTOMER_H contains all customer specific fields for the order header. They have a relation for each other with the GUID.

As far as I know you got some problems if you enhance the table CRMD_ORDERADM_H. If you install an upgrade the table CRMD_ORDERADM_H can be overwritten. This happens not with the table CRMD_CUSTOMER_H.

My advice is that you use for all customer specific fields the table CRMD_CUSTOMER_H and you do not enhance the table CRMD_ORDERADM_H.

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

I think you're right, I have to extend new fields into CUSTOMER_H. But I don't see this object in the available context nodes of Service Order, do I need to add this context node in the Details view of Service Order in BSP workbench? let me know how to go ahead from here so I can add my new fields in UI.

Regards,

Bhanu

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog and you will be able to do it: /people/stephen.johannes/blog/2008/01/25/crm-40-to-52-customerh-fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks Rob!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added the context node in Details view, but that node doesn't come up in the webUI. Any thing else that we need to do here?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I got an authorization error (Not authorized for transaction SICF) while enhancing the UI component but still it has created a BSP application so I went ahead enhacing the View and created the context node. Probably I guess this could be the reason I am unable to see the new context in the 'Available Fields' on webUI.

I will check with my Basis team to add auhtorization and will re-do the things. Will keep you posted.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally the problem is resolved, I missed to add an entry in view BSPWDV_EHSET_ASG with my enhancement set.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Akash

Technically extension stored in the table CRMD_CUSTOMER_H,

but you have enchance object ORDERADM.

Main table for business transactions is CRMD_ORDERADM_H.

You have to try add new field and you will see this)

Denis.