cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail to multiple users in their worklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a simple requirement to send an information email to 3 or multiple users WORKLIST

Informing that the Approval request is Approved/Rejected and then my workflow should complete after that.

Sales Rep has read this information and take action accordingly and other people just need to read this information.

It should not happen that, if one person read this email then the information email should not be removed from the other users worklist.

I don't want to send workitem, instead i just want to send an infomation email to multiple users worklist.

It may be simple but i just don't know how can i do it.

I tried following and facing issues.

1) First i tried to send it via Sendmail step. This sends the information only on the SAP Inbox and not to worklist.

And also send mail step working only for single user and it is not working for multiple users.

I am passing the Business OBject Attribute In EXPRESSION - &BUS2000126.ZZ1ALL_APPROVERS_UID&( Type:WFSYST INITIATOR Multiline).

My attribute has 2 users at runtime

USABCDEF

USGERCEF

I am passing the same attribute in the User Decision step, it is sending the user decision workitem to both the

users without any problem.And even in the Recipient Assignment block in the user decision step

it is showing both the above users ids.

I don't know why it is not working in the Send mail step.

As the Send mail step don't send notification on the worklist, then i skipped using the send mail step.

2) Then i created another New Activity step with BO:SELFITEM Method:SENDTASKDESCRIPTION

Only synchronous object method checkbox is checked and rest of the checkbox in Task are unchecked.

Task is selected as GENERAL TASK.

I am passing the Business object attribute &BUS2000126.ZZ1ALL_APPR_SALESREP_UIDS&

IN EXPRESSION in the task.

Issues with this.

I am getting the workitem into my worklist but in Recipient Assignmen block it shows: No results found.

So, i am affraid is it going to all the users ?

When i try to Execute the workitem by clicking on Execute button, it gives error message as below.

"Associated object SELFITEM cannot be opened; contact your system administrator"

And following are the binding between workflow and task.

&BUS2000126.ZZ1ALL_APPR_SALESREP_UIDS& &ADDRESSSTRINGS&

&_ATTACH_OBJECTS& &ATTACHMENTS&

&BUS2000126& &BUS2000126&

&EXPRESS& &EXPRESS&

&LANGUAGE& &LANGUAGE&

&TYPEID& &TYPEID&

&LINEWIDTH& &LINEWIDTH&

&SELFITEM& &_WI_OBJECT_ID&

Please let me know, do i need to pass any value in the binding other than Addressstring ?

or do i need business object other than SELFITME to just send an information email to multiple user worklist.

last question, i don't know why execute button is coming into the workitem, i was expecting only confirm button to

be displayed for this information email.

Thanks for your quick response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you're just sending information and the users don't have to do anything except read it, then just use the SendMail step.

If they don't regularly check their email inbox then they should start doing so. There is no point sending a workitem if they don't have to do anything.

The SendMail step uses SELFITEM SENDASKDESCRIPTION, by the way.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick Bakker,

I am very curious to know that, is it possible to send the information to multiple users to the Users WORKLIST ?

Does the Send mail step send the notification to Users worklist ?? Please confirm.

I wanted to send the infomration mail to users worklist because users cannot login to SAP inbox.

Thanks

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam still not cleared by the term Worklist do you mean by Universal Work List.. Yes even if you send a mail to sap inbox by using send mail step then also the SONIC connector will pull all the documents into UWL.

Regards

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by the term Worklist ? do you mean UWL, if yes then one thing I would like to clear is UWL default connector cannot pull the documents I mean emails into the UWL for this again you need to go for a new third party connector called SONIC Connector, this connector can be easily configured into the portal configuration settings easily.. ask the portal consultant to configure this.

Now secondly If you want to send a email to multiple recipients then as you said by using expression concatenate US to the username and populate into a multi line container and assign this element in the recipients field.

If you want to send to multiple email IDs then what you ahve to do is in the mail step select the recipient type as email address and again create a multi line container element and populate all the email ids into this container element and assign this container element in the recipients space .

Please correct me if my perception towards the issue is wrong.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

We are working on workflows for CRM 7.0 WEB UI.

And Yes, we want to send the information email to the users worklist ---> Workflow Tasks

Or you can also see the Workflow Tasks in the Home page.

And i think this is also called UWL.

I am not sure whether i can ask for SONIC software configuration but i wanted to do this using the Activity.

You can go through the steps which i have given above.

I am passing the Business object attribute which is of type Type:WFSYST----INITIATOR Multiline

This attribute has values as follows(example) in the runtime.

USABCDEF

USXBYHW

And i am passing this attribute directly in the EXPRESSION.

But, as said earlier i am getting the error message as below when i click on Execute button from the UWL or Worklist.

"Associated object SELFITEM cannot be opened; contact your system administrator"

Can you please let me know in detail, what binding needs to be done between Workflow container and Task container.

And i just want to repeat my requirement that, i just want to send information email to user on the UWL or worklist to multiple users. Once the notification is sent to all the workflow should complete.

Chetan

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for saying that you are on CRM any ways when it comes to CRM it has a separate CRM worklist . I Think there is a nice article on what are the points and tweaks that you ahve to perform if at all to send a email .. Check this

[Article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0c2ff2f-d6ef-2d10-5885-d989e034feac].

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Here is the answer to your query.

You cannot send mails as such in CRM Inbox. You must send executables in the CRM Inbox.

Now to send the notification to multiple users, simply get those users in a table and get this table in the workflow. Now create an activity and set that table as the agent of that activity. In the MISCELLANEOUS tab of that activity, set that activity in MULTILINE CONTAINER. It is basically for dynamic paraller processing. Now set the DESCRIPTION of task to whatever information you want to send.

This way you can send notification simultaneously to multiple users and even if one executed the workitem, the other will still be able to see the workitems in their CRM Inbox.

hope this helps!!!

Regards

Guddan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have convinced my functional person and he is ok to send the information email direclty to the users Lotus notes eamil ids.

I am using the send mail step to send the notification to the multiple users email ids.

I have created an attribute in the Business Object ZBUS200126.ZZ2all_users_Mailids (Virtual -> Reference table BAPIADSMTP field : E_MAIL Multiline)

I am filling all the email ids in this Multiline attribute and i am passing this attribute in the Send mail step.

Recipient type : Email Address Email Address: ZBUS200126.ZZ2all_users_Mailids

Just to inform that, i am also passing the entire business object from workflow container to Send mail step container.

But, the send mail step is always stopping with the Error "Error '9' when calling service 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'".

Can you please suggest me, what could be reason for this ? or just tell me the step by step approach to send the emails to MULTIPLE emaild ids if you have already created a send mail step for similar scenario.

Thanks for your quick response in Advance.

Chetan

Edited by: Chetan S K on Jun 1, 2011 12:07 AM

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to inform that, i am also passing the entire business object 
from workflow container to Send mail step container.

In which part of the mail step you are passing this BOR instance, I mean is it in the Mail body or in the recipients address.

Recipient type : Email Address Email Address: ZBUS200126.ZZ2all_users_Mailids

From the above statement I feel like all the mail Id will be stored in the attribute ZZ2ALL_USERS_MAILIDS right, then make sure that the SCOT settings are configured properly you can even check whether the SCOT settings are performed correctly or not

ON any screen menu click settings ---> Short Text and mention a subject and text and choose the id as external mail address and check if you can see the same mail in the SOST txn then your scot settings are configured properly.

Regards

Pavan