cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of JAVA stack on ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Can any one please make me clear about the adavantages of JAVA stack on ECC6.0, how does it helps our business, as tehre are no JAVA relaetd components in our environment , now we are on ECC6.0 ABAP stack, if this is the case how to go ahead with JAVA stack, I mean to ask the of make my ECC6.0 as a dual stack , must i choose JAVA system as an Add-on to existing ECC ABAP stack or must i go for another stand akone JAVA box, which option is the correct one.

Now we are on BW3.0

got a plan to upgrade to BI 7.0 , is JAVA system required for that or BI 7.0 only runs on ABAP stack?please let me know how to implemnt the JAVA stack for the existing system.Thanks in advanse.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no advantage of having java stack on your ECC box. In other way it will consume memory so performance of ECC abap will impact.

Also, from NW7.01 and ECC EHP4 onwards SAP stopped providing dual instance installation option.

Recommendation go with abap stack only on ECC.

-Sanjay

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Addtional information:

You can install standalone java box and you can use it for BI & ECC both. BI7.0 dosn't required java, it depend on what functionlity you want to use.

If you want to use dashboard then use standalone java box as suggested above.

-Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Kakani

Can you go thorough dis link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WelcometoWebDynproJava!

Tanks

Rafi Shaik

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Right, there ist no advantage in general. SAP also does not recommend this type of installation anymore.

Install Java on a seperate server.

Regards