cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip MIC in result recording at particular time interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM gurus,

I have one inspection plan.There are 10 Characterestics in my inspection plan now i have one MIC called as X.I want to inspect that MIC only after completion of 10 days.Means on the 11 th day, 22, 33 day ....etc the MIC become active in Resut recording screen and i am able to record the result for that.For other cases it will become gray and does not allow for the result recorrding.I know that this is possible through dynamic modification rule but i dont know how to use it so please give me the guide line that how to use the dynamic modification rule and the Fields in it. In MIC it is selected that sampling procedure required.

Hence I try to assign DMR in insp plan it is asking sampling procedure and I am not able to assign DMR.

Please guide urgently.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't skip MIC's based on time interval. Only the number of lots.

Most places can usualy translate a time interval to a number of lots. I.e. I make two lots a day on average so for ten days I need to do that test every 20 lots. SOP's may have to be changed.

Depending on the materials you have and the process you have, you may need to set teh DMR criteria on the inspection type level instead of the material.

Without knowing more about exactly what these tests are for and your business and products, it's difficutl to offer up other options.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have made the following setting

In DMR - For Usage decision selected

Stage -10 Insp serv - 4 ,

OK

No. of inspections.. 1

New insp. stage - 20

NOT OK

Rejections 1

New insp. stage 10

Stage 20 Skip ticked

No. of skips........ 1

Max. skip duration - 0

New insp. stage - 20

NOT OK

Rejections - 1

New insp. stage - 10

And assigned this DMR to sampling procedure and in inspection plan MIC

When I did first GR, it allows me to do result recording and did UD. But when I created second GR it shows me MIC as skip status which is correct. When I creatd third, 4th 5th.. GR still it is showing MIC status as skip.

As per my understanding with above setting system will reset the MIC status after 1 lot skip. Is it correct? Also if i rejected the lot it is not going to first stage.

Please guide me ASAP.

Mayura

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set max skip duration to 1.

You also must do the UD's for each lot before receipting the next lot to assure proper testing of the setup.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to inspect the same characteristic, every 11 days... pl. try Inspection Point concept.

This allows you to record results repeatedly.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thnks Krishan,

I am new to QM. will you please explain me the whole procedure in details like steps?

Waiting for your reply.

Mayura

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection points usually won't work. They only work on time basis when you have ONE inspection lot. I.e. If you have a monthly production order and create a single 03 lot for that you can use inspection points. Inspection points are done within an inspection lot.

FF