cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate a another value based on input value using abap webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to WDA.I have a requirement to calculate priciple amount based on the user requested amount.Here requested amount is input field and principle amount is defined as text view.

Now let's say user entered requested amount as 12000,dynamically priciple amount has to be generated by calculating requiredamount/120(number of months).Pls help!

Thanks,

Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just entering value in Inputfield would not trigger any event. So the user must press the enter button. You do your caluclation on the OnEnter event handler method and set the result to the attribute binded to the Textview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,I am able to do it before watching u r answer.I searched in forum and I was able to it.

Now i have one more question.Now I want to retrict the user not to enter any amount beyong eligible amount.Eligible amount is the field which I am getting from database table and displaying in a text view and the eligible amount is different for different users.I know this validation also has to be handled in ONENTER event.But I am not sure how to show the alert?

I have to code in ONENTER event handler like

if lv_requiredamount>lv_eligibleamount

what need to be done to show some alert are popup.

Please help.

Thanks,

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,I am able to do it before watching u r answer.I searched in forum and I was able to it.

Now i have one more question.Now I want to retrict the user not to enter any amount beyong eligible amount.Eligible amount is the field which I am getting from database table and displaying in a text view and the eligible amount is different for different users.I know this validation also has to be handled in ONENTER event.But I am not sure how to show the alert?

I have to code in ONENTER event handler like

if lv_requiredamount>lv_eligibleamount

what need to be done to show some alert are popup.

Please help.

Thanks,

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a message manager . Use the code generator tool (CTRL+F7) for generating code for you .