cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for IE 9 in BOBJ 3,.1

0 Kudos

Hi All,

When is SAP BO going to support IE 9? The questions comes as a lot of customer will be upgrading their systems to windows 7 & IE 9.

Regards,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the PAR I can see that IE 9 is not supported even in the BOBJ 4.0 and if I read correctly even the IE 8 is still not fully supported.

I don't know when it will heppen.

On the other hand Windows 7 it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Rgds,

Massimo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Any word from the Product team on this??

Regards,

AK

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The PAR is only changed when service packs are released, so there won't be any support for IE 9 until at least SP4 (which I'm not sure it made it in) I would expect it would be more reasonable to see it in SP5, but keep an eye out of the SP4 PAR which should be out soon just in case.

Regards,

Tim

rick_kruyf3
Explorer
0 Kudos

IE 8 is not supported, but I have yet to find issues using the BOE 3.1 SP3 features that do not work.

IE 9 unfortunately has major issues that prevent InfoView from processing requests. The issue is with the relative URLs parsing in IE 9. The paths are not parsed correctly and attempts to view/modify/schedule Crystal, Webi and Xcelsius documents all fail because the URL can not be found. The following URL describes a solution that has been implemented to redirect the error to the correct URL. The impact of this fix is low because all you are doing is redirecting the failed URL to the proper one. This is something that will have to be fixed before IE 9 could be considered an option at all.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=170250&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=78489...

Many thanks to Hayden from Australia for the work on this.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

IE 8 is supported is still supported in compatibility mode only, [see SP4 PAR|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/100cfff4-276c-2e10-b794-e10cec60d545?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

IE 9 won't be able to be added until SP5 next year. If using it try compatibility mode but there is no guarentee

Regards,

Tim