Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Copie customer master text

I have a question. My customer has many sold to's. These sold to will be extended to another sales area. I made some LSMW s to copy sales area data from customers of sales area X to sales area Y. After some trouble this works fine.

Now I am facing a problem, There seems to be now way that standard text of the sales area part of the customer can be copied from sales are X to sales are Y. Even when I create a customer (Tr XD01, VD01) with the existing number and reference to that customer of sales area X it doen't copy the text.

The question is now is there a standard way to copy text of a customer from one sales area to another, or do we need to program it?

I have checked several forums but no answer. I know there are function modules to read the data (text is not stored in a table) but I wonder why SAP didn't have a solution for that

Hi Kees,

Just for the record. I found at least the solution to import text, via LSMW.

Object 0001

Method 0001

Program type D Direct input.

You need to define two source structures (High and Low level)

Fields High level

Fields Low level

You need two input files assigned to the source structure as well.

OBJECT = KNVV (for customer)

NAME = when KNVV: customer number with leading zeros (10 char total) + sales org. + distrib. channel + Division. So:

000000100010001000 is text of cust 1000, sales org 1000, DC 10 and Div 00.

ID = Your text ID of the specific text

LTXT = the text to be imported, you can define muliple lines by repeating all the fields

To download existing long text one can create a program around function module READ_TEXT. Fortunately at the end we didn't need to do that. We just needed to upload about a couple of hundred texts.

See also some additional info:

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question