cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAP Screen in RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am technical consultant. I searched SDN for actual process which can help me with end to end soution in bits and pieces. Ultimately i am posting a query here.

We are having requirement for automation of outbound shipping process. We need to develop some custom screens in SAP, integrate them with scanners which client is using. Whenever a user scans the material/anything, it should be captured in SAP screen on scanner.User will perform enter button,and further processing will be done in SAP automatically.

So looking at requirement, i searched in SDN and found that we can use SAP console, can create custom screens in SAP, configure them in mobile data entry in SPRO in sap.

But i want to know how actually this process works. There could be many screens configured at a time in SAP. How would any scanner get the required one screen from SAP for scanning material/anything?

I would really appreciate your immediate help.

Thanks

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi manisha,

your requirement is very high level, but from what I infer from it is that you want to be able to create a delivery , pick, pack & ship it upon a clik, did I get it right? here's how I'd address it : there's no standard transaction to achieve this.

1. you can automatically create handling units for your finished goods received from manufacturing orders, the HU number will contain all the material related information & will be labelled with HU number.

2. develop a transaction where you can scan in the HU number & automatically perform a pick, pack & ship depending on your requirement, (ofcourse, you can break this into mutiple transactions as you wish or combine)

you can develop RF transactions for the 2nd step (also possible for 1st step if needed) , deploy them onto the mobile devices using ITS mobile or websap console - ITS is probably better. every screen you develop has a screen number, the program will have to call the screen accordingly in your transaction.

cheers

rajki

sarang_gujrati2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can deploy ITS service on your RF scanner. Create template of ur Custom screen. Give the service name to ur templates. then use the ITS link on ur RF scanner using industry browser.

Sarang

former_member417922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Hope This link would be helpful.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_HIER_KEY=701100035871000237163&_FRAME=CONTAINER

To access this you need S ID and Password..

Check the document RF Programming guideline.. This would answer all your questions..

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.