cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for OM data

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my project, the Organizational Structure consists of 15-20 org. units, about 40 positions & about 40 jobs. Should I upload this data through LSMW or is it easier to manually create the organizational plan with the objects? Which is easier?

After I do the above activity, should I run the exceute the RHINTE reports, before uploading Actions & Org. Assignemnt data thru LSMW? I am a bit confused. Please guide me.

-Shambhvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

once you build and execute the lsmw it will be a re-usable for your next assignments , better build it as it will be useful for the QA and PRD OM data creation.

The sequence of the LSMW should be

1. Object creation

2. Relations

3. Other aspects such as cost center allocation etc

Regards

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Please guide me further. How to do LSMW for "Object Creation" & "Relations". In my project, the objects used or org, units, positions and Jobs. I am fairly conversant with LSMW steps. What I need to understand clearly is "Object Creation" and "Relations".

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For object creation use Tcode PP02. and input the details:-

01 Current plan

S Position

"Blank"

1000 Object

"Blank" subtype

1 Active

27.05.2011 to 31.12.9999

Regards,

ARU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attempted what you suggested. But I am still confused. My requirement is to use the standard objects Org. Units, Positions & Jobs. Because they are the standard objects, there is no need to create them again. Also, the standard relationships between these objects also already exist and I won't need to create them. Am I correct or missing anything here?

My basic requirement is to upload data through LSMW for Actions (0000), Org. Assignment (0001), Personal Data (0002) & later on for other infotypes like 0006,0007 etc. For this, I believe, we should have OM data in the system and the OM-PA integration should be active. Also, I beleive, I should run the RHINTE00, 10, 20 reports to ensure data consistency.

Considering my above requirement, I have these two queries:

1. How to upload the OM data for org units, positions, & jobs along with their relationships?

2. When to run the RHINTEE reports? - Before or after LSMW of Actions & Org.Assignment infotypes?

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

1) Each object LSMW will have to be separate post which you can use LSMW for its relationships.

Creation of objects and assigning of relationship is a separate activity, Object LSMW should be run and then relationships can be assigned as another LSMW.

2) Complete all OM related uploads and then run the Integration programs after which you should upload the PA related LSMW's.

Hope i was able to answer your query.

Thanks and regards,

Jailakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to create a position then you will use the tcode PP02 here select the object 'S' (which is for position)and if you want to create position then use It 1000 and for relationship 1001.

Note: These data you will use in flat file.

Regards,

ARU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you ever worked or created an LSMW earlier... ?

If not please follow the link for LSMW then you will understand how to upload data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/87/f3ae74e68111d1b3ff006094b944c8/content.htm

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Let me provide you a sample scenario: Let us say I have 5 org units apart from the root org.unit (C1 (which is actually the company), C2- HR division, C3 - Fin.division, C4 - Recruitment dept (under C2 - HR division) and C5 - Accounts dept (under C3 - fin. division). Let us say I have TWO positions under each of these org. units. Let us also assume I have 10 jobs.

Now, if I have to do seperate LSMW postings for org. units, positions & jobs data, how do I go about it? Also, how do I establish the relationship between org. units and Positions and between Positions & Jobs? Hope I am clear with my query.

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you ever worked in SAP HR or u new to SAP HR?

LSMW is an upload program .. which uploads data into SAP System taking data from text files

You need to create a separate LSMW for the creation of objects, Separate LSMW for creation of relationships between objects.

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am fairly new to SAP-HR (just 6 months). I am working on my first project. I am working on LSMW from last one week. I learnt all those 14 steps in LSMW and managed to upload some sample perners data into Actions infotype (0000) thru PA40, with the value of positions as 99999999 (the default value). Then I went to OM, created an org.plan with just a few org. units and a few positions under them. Then, I tried to upload data again for some more sample perners into Actions infotype, but this time with the actual Positions data. LSMW did not run properly. That's where I stand now!! I need to understand the transaction code that I should be entering in LSMW for uploading org, unit data and data for which fields should be made avialble in the excel file used for uploading. Similarly for positions, jobs and the relationships between org units, between org unit and positions, and between jobs and positions. Hope I am clear.

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For objects creation use tcode pp02 with IT1000 and for relationshps use tcode pp02 with IT1001 for LSMW creation.

R K

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

LSMW for OM Can be Done for Tcode PP01 ,PP02 or P013 Etc

If you find any difficulty Please check with standrad LSMW which is already provided in the system, or else you can import LSMW which was already done for other clients in your system and can upload the data into ur system

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I am able to make some progress now.

-Shambhvi