Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check lot number repeated

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on some since few years. At that time, In check lot maintenance in SAP (FCHI), we defined check lot from 110001 to 110100 for House Bank SBIH and Account Id: SBI1. This lot was fully utilized that time only.

Now yesterday for same branch (i.e. same house bank and account id) we got same check lot (with same check number range).

Now when i entered the data in FCHI, SAP gave error that "Check number are overlapping"

I thought of adding one prefix to the new check lot. But management didn't accepted it. So i need to know how this practical problem of entering repeat check lot number will be entered in FCHI.

Is there any archive facility or something (in standard SAP) which will allow the same?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am so glad to read your query as I thought this is unique for my case.

We are also facing the same check numbers being recycled by the bank and when we check with SAP, SAP says this is very unique and no one raise this issue to them before.

We also check with the bank, which bank also reply that this issue is unique as well. They have never heard of any other customers who use SAP has this problem.

So to answer you, till date Bank is not providing unique check number to us. And even if we create new house bank, we will have other problems like electronic bank statement will not work. And SAP has replied to either archived or create new house bank. But again there's implication for ebank statement and if you archive the same check number twice, again SAP will not allowed and you will loose the check information.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

abby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check whether adding zero before the check number range in FCHI helps you.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

chandrasekharbadeti_chand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with different account id using Same House Bank and Same GL Account to meet your requirment without distrubing the existing check lot with the same no.

First do R&D in Sandbox client and then you can replicate the same in DEV system.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Best Suggection as Per SAP Standard is to create Check Lot. even if you archive etc new isssue may come while going check reconciliation and also Check Number Range once Used can not be reUsed even in Check Priting ..How will Bank accept tht ?

Thanks

Goutam

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How bank is involved in this problem. Bank itself gave check book with repeated numbers.

Is there any solution to maintain this repeated check number. As i told, i cannot add prefix because of management restriction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is No Options in Standard SAP to Create the same Check Lot Number Range.