cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete data from a SAP system after homogenious system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know how can delete the data after an homogenious system copy.

My original production database is 2.5 TB, and that is very very very large database for my infraestructure.

We need a test system with few data or no data.

Then again the question how can delete this data after an homogenious copy? which is the procedure that sap recommends?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no option in system copy to slice data. You want to slice the data then use TDMS.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

About TDMS is another solution that bussiness don´t buy in this moment.

@go for System build ..

What do you mean for system build.

About SARA and logs, i guess that the volume of space recovered is no so high.

That means that if i don´t have TDMS, i cannot delete the data from a SAP system????

If there are other possible solution please give me links o something with more detail where I can read about the topic...

Thanks Again.

Best regards

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some third party solution are avilable. Without TDMS you can try following dirty trick...

1. Copy production enviroment to Quality ( temporary assign 2.5 TB of space in Q)

2. Once system copy is done then do client copy with only config data in Q system

3. Delete Cleint which is having application data ( Q environment)

4. Ask dba to export database and then import database ( Q environment) ( this will give occupied space back)

5. Now you will have client same as production with config only no application data

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer, very Interesting and this could be works.

about

4. Ask dba to export database and then import database ( Q environment) ( this will give occupied space back)

Why i need export and import the database?

I guess that After delete the application data client, the tablespaces(Oracle) reduce your total size, but in operative system level the space is assigned yet. Then export and import the database means reduce the real assigned disk in operative system level? or what that mean??

in this case there is no DBA as such, where can get information about this procedure

THanks

+6

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you delete data from system then you will not able to same amount of space on OS that you have deleted. So, in order to recover all space you need to reorganize your database. Best option to do that is export/import of the system.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After delting data you will not get space back at operating system level. That's why you need to do the export/import at os level.

You can find import export help in any oracle site.

Also, i was thinking one more option of client copy of customized data using export/import method.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several ways to clean up the system.

Delete unneeded client

Archive WF objects, IDOCs, Application logs via tcode SARA

Run cleanup job such as the job to cleanup change headers etc etc

Hope this helps

Jexun Wildfire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want any data then why are you doing System copy .. go for System build ..

Thanks,

Deepthi