cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDVP issue - availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Here's my problem. I am using the MDVP transaction for availability check. But for some reason, when SAP shows me the missing parts and I check the stocks, I find that there is stock in the plant.

What could be wrong with MDVP? And does MDVP check the availability on Plant or Storage Location level?

Please help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material for which you notice stocks, but still system showing as missing. Go to CO06, specify the material, plant, checking rule same as MDVP & check for which demands the stock has been committed.

Also go to OPJJ & analyze the checking rule. It will give you a clear picture of what is being considered during Av. Check & what is not. (If you're not sure of which checking rule, then check OPPJ & MRP-3 view of mtl master).3

Also a search in this forum should have quite many threads on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

I've checked my configurations and I can't find anything wrong. Also, for some reason MDVP shows all the components of my order as missing but there are only 4 components that have no stock

Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check in CO06 or CO09?

Anyway if you're not able to figure it out, then upload screenshot of the availability check rule used in MDVP (i.e. OPJJ details) + MD04 of one of the components + MRP 1-4 views + CO09 of that material to some portal n paste the link here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

There is a field in OPJJ named Include Planned Orders. Can you describe to me what it does? I think this would help with the client's problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the value specified in the field for planned orders, the ATP check either ignores or considers the planned order (specific ones) as a source of supply n confirm based on that. I believe the values for that field are self explanatory & if you now analzye the ATP results with the above info, you should be able to interpret the ATP results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MDVP is working as per the design and there is no issue with it.

When we use MDVP, the scope is planned orders only.

MDVP uses what is called as 'Partial confirmation logic' by design.

To deliberately repeat again.....PARTIAL CONFIRMATION LOGIC.

If for an assembly material there is a planned order qty of 5 units and we have 3 BOM components (and if one component is available for 4 units and other two are completely available) when we check availability with MDVP, system commits 4 units for the FG. When we click on missing parts list (F9) system will display all 3 components.

Looking at the results carefully we will see that the component which has only 4 as available qty will have the Missing part set as X where as for the other two components it will be blank.

Logic/Business sense is you have an unfirmed proposal which is a Planned order and its desirable to check how much of it you can make before you actually convert it into a production order and hence this partial confirmation design in SAP.

In case you need the full confirmation logic you need to make use of the MRP group against Check Rule DepReq. You will then see the same result what you normally see from a production order.

On the other hand if you want to change the normal behaviour seen in a production order (Full confirmation logic) to partial then you need to use the production scheduling profile and check ON the Confirm Available Partial qty field. In such a case the working is similar to the basic MDVP design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you help to explain more on how can we make sue of the MRP group against Check Rules DEpReq. I Would like the mdvp to have the full confirmation logic

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ensure that you are understanding the concept of ATP correctly. Consider the following simple example:

There is stock of 10 in the plant.

Planned order 1 is created with component X (required quantity of 10)

Planned order 2 is created with component Y (required quantity of 10).

In the above example, planned order 1 is using the available stock. MMBE will still show that there is stock of 10 but there is actually available stock = 0 which is reflected in CO09. SAP note 89362 provides a good explanation on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I was experiencing a similar issue (MDVP showing material as missing, but stock was available in MMBE).   For me, I found my answer in the  safety stock in MRP2 tab of material master (should have been set to 0).