Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Control Material Master Views with IDOC load

Hello all,

I am wondering how best to control which views are available during IDoc processing for Material Master.

For example I just want the Basic Data 1 and Basic Data 2 tabs, I am only populating the relevant data and placing a value of u201CKu201D in the Maintenance Status fields. This seems to work and avoids the warnings I seem to encounter when I neglect to add values for the Maintenance Status fields.

The warning I get at times tell me the IDoc is attempting to extend all available views, then it makes them available once I view my Material with MM03, however because there is no data in them I canu2019t go into the tabs. That is fine because I can go to the Basic data tabs, but I was disappointed to see the other tabs enabled, but inaccessible.

With Direct Input I used to be able to simply indicate which views I want. Now it seems I must request the maintenance views that then translate to actual views.

Please help.

Yes I have experience in that area, and I fill the PSTAT as well. But you can also run a program (is in IMG > Logistic Gerneral > material master) to regenerate PSTAT after you have loaded all materials.

I use IDOC loading method for SAP system mergers. Sent Material master in legacy system using ALE as IDOC collection to a file, then use this file as source for LSMW, and as IDOC to IDOC mapping is just 1:1 I use use this methd in this case.

When loading from Excel file, I started using BAPI import method a few rollout waves back (but not because there is something difficult with IDOC, just to get used to this method).

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question