Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jcontrol process does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

jcontrol.exe fails to start. the error is:

[Thr 3724] Sun Aug 13 08:37:18 2006

[Thr 3724] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode=66) [jstartxx.c 1433]

[Thr 3724] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=66)

[Thr 3724] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 3724] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=66)

I have the Microsoft loopback adapter installed. Any idea what the problem is.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

jcontrol failed to start,can be due to many factors.

1.kernel mismatch can completely stop jcontrol.check if proper kernel is updated.

2.memory issues also will stop jcontrol.check for heapsize settings in configtool.

restart the machine and try once.

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if JAVA_HOME is pointing to the correct JDK. Re-start your J2EE engine and look for the log messages.

check jvm_bootstrap* logs in your work directory for additional information.

Reference the JVM memory note for your OS and check whether your heap, perm memory settings are correct.

Reward with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Normally this error occurs if the DB is not working properly.

Just try connecting your DB that is to make it online and then get back to it. Hope it starts. Check the log files.

Reward suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mantosh,

my system requirements are ok - and the jvm/JAVA_HOME ENV too.

I decided this morning to try the installation once more. Before I installed again - I uninstalled previous Version. First I used the Uninstall provided by the registry cleaningtool and the sapinstall > uninstall procedure - but still there were sap-directories, sap services running and several settings in my registry aktivated.

Because of this, I deleted the sapdb, usr and programs/sapinstall file structure. The sapdb I removed with the uninstall / components function of the db.

I guess, previous registry settings were the reason, why I couldn't select the default-name "J2E" Instance anymore ... With msconfig > services I deactivated sap-processes. Reboot of the notebook and used the XP-Tool regedt32 to delete SAP, SAPJ* and LEGACY_SAP* Settings in my registry - the notebook reboot was fine. After this "deeper" registry cleaning I could use the default naming conventions "J2E" 00, 01 again.

How to "Reward suitable points"? Please let me know.

Best Regards

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crphelp.

On the left side you can see. rest your wish.

REgards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

after my installation finally worked - after a restart the jcontrol didn'T come up too.

I found some threads about this case - to decrease the size from 1024 to 512 but these settings via config tool didn't work with my machine xp/2GB RAM/NTFS ..

[Thr 2952] JControlMSConnect: attached to message server (A7-delux/3900)

[Thr 2952] *** ERROR => can't retrieve client list (rc=24) [jcntrms.c 982]

[Thr 2952] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 24)

[Thr 2952] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = 24)

The ERROR Message I don't understand.

Any idears?

best regards

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically this will happen if the DB Server is unavailable. Try to start the server from SAPMMC by clicking the ‘online’ button after you login through the MMC logon for your database (the blue cylinder icon).