cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA Step by step procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to bia i have requirement like this they given one cube to me and create query snapshot indices and upload data into bwa.

I don't know steps how to do i have done like this i selected the cube and right click and i select maintain bi accelerator index

after that i got one pop up window like this "Do you want to create the BIA index for InfoCube '0----

'?"

i select continue button in that i create connection rfc. after that i dont know what i do can anybody help me and give step by step information to complete this task as early as possible.

Thanks,

Nandu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nandu,

It sounds like you are new and not able to see the whole picture - which is fair w/o having any training.

It was not clear about your BWA status; do you have a BWA system configured and running? Do you have Explorer accelerated version installed(assuming you have because you're talking about snapshot indexes). OR are you just trying to see what's there w/o the hardware?

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Do you have BWA blades installed on the server. If not then you won't be able to create BIA indexes.

regards,

Arvind.

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"i select continue button in that i create connection rfc" says me that your BWA , if you really have one, wasn´t configured correct by your hardware vendor. Please contact your vendor. They are responisble in this case...

If you have setup the BWA by yourself you have to follow the installation and maintenance documents.

Follow the links:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bwa

https://service.sap.com/bwa

If you just read how to create an index on BWA, but don´t own one, than you have to buy one

As you can see, it´s not really clear why you have created a rfc connection and what you entered there...

So tell us what is configured and what is your target.

Try some transactions like RSDDBIAMON2 and TREXADMIN, play aorund with them. May be your can answer your questions by yourself. Try also some BWA checks in RSRV.

Cheers,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Request for documentation removed>>

Edited by: Matt on Jul 30, 2011 6:31 AM

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I do not think it is easy to learn BWA from 0 via forums, so if standard documentation at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bwa is not enough, I would recommend you to look for SAP Education course BW361 "BW - Business Warehouse Accelerator". Good luck and welcome to the club. -Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Request for documentation removed>>

Edited by: Matt on Jul 30, 2011 6:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indexing is one thing, maintaining and monitoring it another. Also you need to know the impact to the process chains for the cube and the change runs. I don't think it's possible to learn all without going to SAP BWA training or asking for a professional help from a service provider

Cheers

Tansu