Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

New DEV environment build

We've got a 15T production system. Due to some reasons, we must build a NEW development which has exactly same ABAP/configuration. The project team do not need any tractional data in new DEV.

1) Can we use TDMS to realise this? We just keep ABAP repository and configuration sync between new DEV & existing PRD system. I know client copy can just copy customizing, but not the DDIC.

2) In addition, we may need some master data in DEV, I know SAP MDM can be used. I want to know can TDMS be used for this?

Thanks

James

Former Member
Former Member replied

First of all you dont need to shut down your production to run TDMDC package. It may be executed when your production is up and running, only thing you need to take care is that an important step of the package - Data selection is carried out at a time when the system gets the least insert/update hits (read hits are fine).

Within TDMS there is no option to keep the data in sync between PRD and DEV. As of now i do not think there is a full proof solution even outside TDMS to do the same. Also functionally this requirement should not be a must one.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question