cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting with MRP areas / Customer consigment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm currently looking for some information regarding subcontracting processes with MRP areas.

On the first hand I need a general overview how subcontracting purchase orders would be handled with MRP areas. In addition I'm really interested in the replenishment of the subcontractor stocks. On the other hand some facts about the customizing would be fine.

My second topic is consigment stocks at the customer. So I need similar information as for the MRP areas but regarding this customer consigment.

It would be really great if someone has some literature recommendations or official documentations about these issue.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Working with subcontracting and MRP area's gives you the option to plan the requirements for the subcontractor separately and you can then order the components separately. This functionality is used when working with scheduling agreements and direct deliveries to the subcontractor as there this is a requirement.

A second instance where one would use and MRP area with sucontracting is that when a material is used both by the subcontractor and it's also used directly in the plant production. The requirements for the subcontractor can be separately planned using an MRP area.

The following links may give you some more information regarding working with subcontracting and MRP area's

[MRP area|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c4/106956ae8a11d1a6720000e83235d4/content.htm]

[Planning for Components to be Provided in Subcontracting|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c4/106956ae8a11d1a6720000e83235d4/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Peter Pallen on Jun 5, 2011 7:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response! I've already had a look on that page in order to get an general overview.

But actually I'm looking for some sources which can be officially quoted. Well I don't like refering to some web contents. But I'm afraid I have to. It's really astonishing that there is no book that decribes MRP ares at all. It seems that consultants can make some money there.

anyway thanks for your help!

Regrads

Enrico