cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is in the Crystal 2011 (CR 2010 for VS.NET) Merge modules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see we have MSI and MSM packages to choose from for runtime deployment. The MSI's are in two flavors (32bit and 64bit). However, the Merge module has no distinction. What is in this merge module? Is it the 32bit version (as I assume)?

I didn't see any documentation that answers that question. Sorry if I missed something written down somewhere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the answer is in another thread

Merge Moduels are 32 bit only. You are tryng to get away from Merge Modules.

I hope you would reconcider. Merge Modules allow you to package the installation and embed it into your own. There is no other and separate installation for Crystal listed in the Programs List in the Control Panel. Nothing that can be accidently and independently uninstalled by the end user. No special logic you need to create in your own MSI to ensure the separately registered Crystal MSI installation ALSO gets uninstalled when the user uninstalls your app. Basically its cleaner and easier to manage. Theres a reason micrsoft saw the value in MSM concept.

Your concerns listed in that above linked thread are valid but shouldn't that be left up to the developer shops to address?

Thanks

Answers (0)