cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Authorization Adjustment After Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from 4.7 Enterprise to ECC 6.0 next year. I have been told that there are authorization adjustments that need to be completed before golive using transaction SU25. If our DEV box will be a copy of PRD as the consultants suggest, can we just make the adjustments in the upgraded DEV and transport the roles to QAS and PRD once they are upgraded? Or do we have to go through all the authorizations for each system and adjust them per system?

Thanks!

Lori

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did this upgrade a few days before in DEV system.

My strategy for PRD: I use SU25 Steps 2a-2c in DEV system and adjust all roles. In PRD system I will go through steps 2a-2c. But for step 2c I will transport roles from DEV system.

There was a new org field "ACT_GROUP" which has to be created with report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE. Afterwards run report PFCG_ORGFIELD_UPGRADE (see note 323817).

Regards,

Julia

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In upgrade you will get lot of new authorization objects and at some places you will get new activities etc. You need to first check this in development system. But transporting all these changes to production system will be very difficult. I would suggest you to do this manually in the production system.

Thanks

Sunny