cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seagate Info Desktop 7.5 and Windows 7 Can't view Excel reports downloaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Seagate Info Desktop 7.5 to view reports off the web. We have run into an issue with Windows 7.

In some testing on the windows 7 environment I discovered that the OS allows you to save a report as an Excel file like it has always done, however once completed it seems like the file was not downloaded. However if I try to save it again in the same folder the system will ask if I want to overwrite it. I can even see the file on the download screen in the folder I am trying to save. This happens to any folder in Windows even the default download or documents folder.

NOTE: If I try to open the file from the screen that shows the folder I am downloading, I can actually click on the item and open it up with the Excel 2007 Viewer. I am using the excel viewer since I donu2019t have office on the virtual machine I am using to test.

It seems to me that Windows is placing the file there; it is just not allowing me to view it and open it up. A search will not bring it up and neither will showing all hidden files and folders.

Has anyone come across this issue and how can I correct it? It only happens on the Windows 7 machines, all XP machines do not have this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seagate Info Desktop 7.5 having released about 11 years ago, I'd be surprised if anything to do with it will actually work on WIN 7...(?).

- Ludek

Answers (0)