cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the change context id in the company?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During uploading the enterprise WB there was mistake in the context id maintained for the company. While uploading the workbook, it got created with warning.

Now i am not able to change the context id of the company.

Is it possible to delete the company which was created and upload it agin?

Is it possible to change the context ID of the company so that i don't have to load it again?

Your pointers will be highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Madhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

So you have created a company through an import and the BOUND_CTX column was pointing to an incorrect context? If this is the case, unfortunately you can't change the context the company is pointing to. You might want to inactivate it and create a new one.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will there be any issues down the line, if i take up further developmet in the system?

Is it possible to change the ID at the database level to correct it?

Pointers will be appreciated.

Rgds,

Madhan

0 Kudos

There are a number of objects that are tied to the company. For example, business documents, buy-side user accounts are tied to the company. My recommendation would be to inactivate the current and create a new one.

If you have not created any other data in the system yet, then another option would be to start fresh by running the install_root script using the dbimport tool. Note that install_root script will wipe out all the data in the Sourcing database. So you will have to start all over by creating a context, cluster, etc.

By directly making updates at the database level, you are completely bypassing the application layer. I strongly recommend not to take that route.

Hope this helps.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

My basis team may not want to create the new context and cluster.

One opinion, if i make this company as inactive and create a new company and go ahead with development will there be any issues. Moreover this is just in our development system. I just want to assess the imapct of this mistake.

Now when i am adding a logo to the company it is not getting reflected and it is still the same old system default.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Madhan

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Need little bit more information on your setup. How many enterprise contexts, sub-contexts do you have and which context is the company you created by mistake associated with? How many companies do you have in the system?

If you have multiple enterprise contexts, you can't cross link the company to another enterprise context (even accidentally) as you will have visibility only within your context. My guess is, you have an enterprise context and have created multiple sub-contexts under the enterprise. Is this the case?

The first company you create is the enterprise company. If the company in question is the enterprise company, I wouldn't recommend inactivating it and instead start over by running install_root script.

If the company in question is not an enterprise company, then itu2019s fine inactivating it and creating a new one.

The logo issue most probably is caching related. Clear the system cache and try again. If that doesn't help pls provide details on the configurations. Which release of Sourcing are you on? Note, there is a known issue with logo in release 5.1.

Regards,

Vikram