cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc XML Message on different receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If PI receives an XML message from ERP system, can it send this XML message on different receivers depending on the content of IDoc?

Regards,

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. When creating the scenario, there is one configuration object named RECEIVER DETERMINATION. Insde, you can configure multiple receivers based on message's content. For example, if a field A == 1, send to channel1, if field A == 2, send to channel2 and so on. Please refer to the help page below for more information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/8015de950e6be3e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santos,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

This is an addition to my previous message:

In single IDoc (without packaging) it is clear, however suppose if we set IDoc Package size 20 (say in ERP System - Partner Profile) and also set IDoc Package size 20 in IDoc Adapter (Sender) of PI system. If we send 30 IDocs from ERP to PI System. How these 20 IDocs processed and distributed on different receivers when they are in single package.

Briefly: Does Packaging in sender IDoc adapter has an effect on receiver (say File) adapter?

Hope I have not much confused you.

Regards

Alex

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

Also to distribute idocs into different receivers, Use multimapping.

Refer this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scenarios-yes-it146s-possible (example instead of receiver idocs, use your receivers like file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<In single IDoc (without packaging) it is clear, however suppose if we set IDoc Package size 20 (say in ERP System - Partner Profile) and also set IDoc Package size 20 in IDoc Adapter (Sender) of PI system. If we send 30 IDocs from ERP to PI System. How these 20 IDocs processed and distributed on different receivers when they are in single package.>

In this case, the 20 Idocs will arrive in PI under a single messageID, so this will be executed in one message mapping. Now lets say, in your package, conditions for 3 receivers are satisfied, then in your receiver determination, these 3 receivers will be identified.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Briefly: Does Packaging in sender IDoc adapter has an effect on receiver (say File) adapter?

>

> Regards

> Alex

yes. Since in package all the IDocs are treated as one single message with in a way the IDoc node being unbounded.

hence if you have to send it to different systems it will get tricky since you might have to use a BPM.

My suggestion is to avoid an IDoc package in case there is conditional routing required for your message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay and all,

Many thanks for your responses!

Our client recently upgraded PI from 7.0 to 7.1 EHP 1 and requested me to test with IDoc Packaging.

We have taken a scenario (IDoc - PI - File) where IDoc XML message routed to different receivers based on the content of the XML message processed at PI (of course based on condition). We have observed with or without IDoc packaging (PI Sender) the XML Message content distributed to different receivers (around 13).

As per client, there was no problem with distribution to different clients without packaging technique. Does it really matters if we apply package technique at PI. I mean does it really matters at receiving end if we package or not at sender side?

Regards,

Alex.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for this particular scenario, by applying packaging you will only complicate the design. hence my recommendation to avoid it.

Ideally packaging is for scenarios where u need to collect a set of IDocs and send out to the receiver as a single message. with IDoc packages you can avoid BPM as earlier you would have had to implement a collect pattern