cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Wage type to symbolic & symbolic to GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Gurus,

I'm new to SAP-HR functional field. could you please guide me how to assign a wage type to IT0015, which reflects in payslip and Form 16. At the same time it is not the part of CTC.

1. I'd Created a wage type "1SIC" by copying the model wage type.

IMG > Personnel Management> Personnel Administration> Payroll data> Additional payment. and Copy a standard Wage Type.

2. Defining the permissibility and charecteristics.

3. Now I'd define a symbolic using

Payroll --> Payroll (country) --> Posting to Financial Accounting --> Activities in the HR-System --> Employee grouping and symbolic accounts --> Define symbolic accounts

4.Then Assign the symbolic account to wage type, Using

Payroll --> Payroll (country) --> Posting to Financial Accounting --> Activities in the HR-System --> Wage Type Maintenance --> Define WT posting attributes As "c" and tick mark

5. After that we need to assign it to GL, using the

Payroll --> Payroll (country) --> Posting to Financial Accounting --> Activities in the AC-System -->Account Assignment --> Assign expense accounts.

Though I'd not created any single employee, I'm unable to figure it out how it reflects in payslip and form 16.

Am i following the correct method to assign the wage type???

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. VALUABLE FEEDBACK WILL BE REWARDED.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration you've done is to post a wage type to the General Ledger in FI after that wage type has been paid to one or more employees.

Table V_T512Z will allow you to set up a wage type to be paid using Infotype 0015.

Transaction Code PE51 can be used to update the payslip. Enter your Country Code and Form name, then darken the Window radio button. Select the appropriate group, and go from there.

I'm not familiar with Form 16. Is India the country? If so, try the IMG Path: Payroll > Payroll: India > Tax

Regards,

Howard

Edited by: Howard Gardner on May 26, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For reflection of wage type in payslip, we need to assign the wage type in form editor by using transaction PE51. Regarding to Form16, if you want to show under empoluments, go to table V_512w_D , select the wage type, evaluation class 6 and selct the text and save.

Regards,

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For taxation

The assignment of tax code to the wage type should be proper, you need care on the area of cumulation classes.