cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SAP INTEGRATION KIT for ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running BOBJ Enterprise 3.1 on Windows 2008 server and I have installed the Integration Kit on it. I have an issue with the Integration Kit connecting to backend ECC system through CMC-->SAP AUTHENTICATION. After defining the system details & update under Entitlement Systems, if I goto the ROLE IMPORT tab, it does nothing after waiting for few minutes. I have moved the below transports as mentioned in the document into my ECC system. There are no issues connecting to BI systems after moving the below mentioned transports along with BI specific transports.

Here are the transports I moved to ECC:

• Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900687.r21 and R900687.r21)

• Info Set Connectivity transport (K900688.r21 and R900688.r21)

• Row-level Security Definition transport (K900689.r21 and R900689.r21)

• Cluster Definition transport (K900690.r21 and R900690.r21)

• Authentication Helpers transport (K900691.r21 and R900691.r21)

Please let me know if I need to do any configuration to have the ECC system connected to the CMC through Integration Kit.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the user that is entered in the SAP Authentication Entitlement System page needs a specific list of authorization. The exact list is part of the installation guide for the SAP Integration Kit. make sure the user entered has those.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for responding.

We have granted the required authorizations as stated in the Install document. But still, it fails to retrieve roles from the backend ECC system. I found a log in the Event Viewer which states " The Apache Tomcat 5.5.20 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). " as soon as I click on the Role Import tab for my ECC system. Again TOMCAT will start on its own within 2 secs "The Apache Tomcat 5.5.20 service entered the running state.". It happens only for this specific system ECC not to any of the other BI systems.

Thanks,

Sandeep

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

would suggest you open a case with support so that they can take a look at the system directly.

regards

Ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe it work for SAP BW system not for ECC. We have tried connecting BW system and imported roles.

Rgds,