cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary cost postings in WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a scenario where cost is passed to WBS from maintenace order settlement. The cost passed from maintenace order settlement is labour cost araised from order confirmation with secondary cost element defined in the activity type.

The client does not want to move this cost to fixed assets. Is there a way to move this cost to cost center with out settlement process?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

I understand your scenrio that you are settling cost of an order to WBS, but didnt understand how its going in fixed assets--

Are you settling you whole project to fixed assets- if yes than also you can settle certain protion of the cost to some cost center and rest you can send to fixed assets.

Revert back to me in case of any clarification.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

The costs from the order is passed to WBS through settlement...

The WBS in question is a capital project and will settle to a fixed asset. I knew that part of amount can be settled to cost center. I created two settlement rules one for fixed assets and other for Cost center...

The problem is the settlement works but then the cost moving to the cost center is not debiting the settlement cost element but it is debitting the other original cost element which has expenses...

Please note we use settlement by "Cost element"... I have modified the configuration to include settlement cost element for secondary costs posted with secondary cost elements.

Regards

Palani

Edited by: Palani2506 on May 27, 2011 12:33 AM