cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 25 through drilldown

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI31 SP3 - Oracle;

How do I create a webi report that always refreshes the results to provide a top 25 - even when I drill?

The query currently has a top 25 filter in the query panel.. but I need to have a "fresh" top 25 each time I drill the report

State top 25 accts = 100 but when I drill to city, city top 25 accts = 5

Need the city to reflect a total new top 25 count, not as a subset of the highest level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Drill down results are restricted to the hierarchies you have set in the universe. From the top 25 list of states when you drill down to cities it only gives you the corresponding cities to that state un mindful of the top 25 operation. May be in your case the 6 th city in the top 25 doesnot correspond to the state you drilled on !

What I would suggest is instead of drilling down use hyperlinks. Create child reports for each drillable field and populate the top 25 list within.

For example if user clicks on the state to navigate to city then the detail report should consume the state as a prompt and and list the top 25 cities in that state.

PS: Hyperlinks are better appreciated by the user than drill down. cos there is a possibility to show more related details.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)