cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding files to released DIRs with out changing revison?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there away to add additional attachments to a DIR that has already been released with out effecting the revision.

For example Agile has a change type called a MCO that allows you to route a change just as you would an ECO but the approved changes would not require a revision change.

This could be used to make clerical changes to a DIR, such as replacing the attached file because it was not scanned properly or had some other issue that made it unusable with out having to change the revision.

What I need it specifically for is being able to attach addtional files that are related to the currently released revision that were inadvertently left off. And I need to be able to get them on to the DIR with out effecting the revision.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

..What I need it specifically for is being able to attach addtional files that are related to the currently released revision that were inadvertently left off. And I need to be able to get them on to the DIR with out effecting the revision. ..

Firstly,would like to inform you that your requirement can be achieved in DMS.

But a lot would depend on the approach adopted for configuring the status network of your document types. Please ensure that the 'Status type' value for 'Released' status is nil/empty for the document type in question. If maintained,you will be permitted to assign additional files/originals to your DIR even post release.

However,if the status type for 'Released' status is 'S'(locked), which is typically the case,then the system will be locked against changes in 'Released' status and you would not be able to attach additional files.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar