cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection Note Mandatory in Trip Expense Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have trip expense workflow in SAP Portal UWL. We want to make the Memo Note to be displayed and made mandatory when a request is rejected. I have used below XML snippet in UWL configuration. However this does not work and I am unable to view the memo note. Any suggestion ?

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS20000118.DE1CLNT100" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="DE1CLNT100" externalType="TS20000118" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.approver.SendBackTrip" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler" referenceBundle="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.SendBack" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">

<Properties>

<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="true"/>

<Property name="decisionKey" value="0002"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

<Action name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.approver.RejectTrip" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler" referenceBundle="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.Reject" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">

<Properties>

<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="mandatory"/>

<Property name="decisionKey" value="0003"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using the following configuration and it works fine for me.

Try to include decision keys as 1,2,3 instead of 001,002,003.

Also, turn on your UWL support information and make sure that the correct XML configuration is getting picked up.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS20000131.ECTCLNT140" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.view.TripApprovalView" defaultAction="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.DisplayExpenseForm" executionMode="default">
      <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="ECTCLNT140" externalType="TS20000131" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
      <CustomAttributes>
        <CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalId" objectType="WebflowContainer" cacheValidity="final">
          <Attribute name="TripNumber" type="string" displayName="Trip Number"/>
          <Attribute name="EmployeeNumber" type="string" displayName="Employee Number"/>
        </CustomAttributeSource>
      </CustomAttributes>
      <Actions>
        <Action reference="viewMemos"/>
        <Action reference="addMemo"/>
        <Action reference="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.DisplayExpenseForm"/>
        <Action name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.approver.ApproveTrip" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="no" launchInNewWindow="no">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="decisionKey" value="1"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default="Approve Trip"/>
        </Action>
        <Action name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.approver.SendBackTrip" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="no" launchInNewWindow="no">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="decisionKey" value="2"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default="Send Trip Back for Corrections"/>
        </Action>
        <Action name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.action.approver.RejectTrip" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="no" launchInNewWindow="no">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="decisionKey" value="3"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default="Reject Trip"/>
        </Action>
      </Actions>
    </ItemType>

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Shanti. When I create a new XML portal does not allow me to upload new configuration. Also can you please let me know how to make sure that the workflow item is picking up the UWL configuration made by us.

I receive below error when uploading the XML file

(Configuration) :org.xml.sax.SAXException:com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Unexpected element, ItemType. It cannot appear here according to the content model of UWLConfiguration(http://www.sap.com/dtds/nw/uwl/, row:6, col:173)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is appearing because you are not editing the downloaded XML file properly.

Use word pad (instead of notepad) to edit the XML files and make sure you have the proper formating maintained.

Then you can easily upload the XML configuration file.

To turn on UWL support information:

System Administration - System Configuration - Universal Worklist & Workflow - Universal Worklist - Administration.

Under Optional Universal Worklist Service Configuration - Open the Tray for the Optional UWL Service Configuration - Display support information to TRUE.

Now, when you are in the Universal Worklist view, you can see a whole lot of information below your tasks. This will give you information on which XML is getting picked up and which one needs to be modified.

Now, with UWL support information turned on, and when you are logged in as the employee - select the item in your UWL and look for all the details.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Shanti, it solved my issue.

Answers (0)