cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report export to html format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the export to html option to write the output of a crystal report (version 11.5 or 2008). I need to be able to open the html file in an html editor and add text and make updates to it. Currently, when opened with the html editor each field is surrounded by a border. This makes it very difficult to edit or insert additional text. Is there a way to export to html and create only 1 large border around the whole report (which makes it easy to edit) ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked 2 different html editors with the same results.

I also tested by exporting the Crystal Report to rtf format, then opening this in Word and saving as html. Comparing the original html source to this source shows that the code is much different. The report written via Word then saving as html doesn't render exactly like the Crystal layout but close enough AND it is editable (having just one large border around the whole report in the editor).

I will take your suggestion and post to the Ideas area.

Any other suggestions/ideas ?

0 Kudos

Nope, nothing I can think of,

For supportability, 1000's of users are exporting as is, we can't change the way it works right now. Only option is as you tested and to log your enhancement request in Idea Place.

There may be some third party tools out there you could use possibly, I don't know of any off hand.

Thank you

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

What editor are you using? Have you tried others?

It's likely by design so if you want changes add it to the Idea Place.

Thank you

Don