cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA - In Memory in SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I've heard HANA will be available in SAP B1 9.0 next year and will be more than 100 times faster than an SQL Database. Does anyone have any more info on what hardware requirements customers will need in terms of desk tops etc?

We're writing a Blog on HANA LINK: [www.frontline-consultancy.com/blog]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will be definitely in B1's road-map but not necessarily for 9.0.

Since prototype of BusinessOne running on ICE (the engine of HANA) on 8GB RAM machine was available for demo during SAP Influencers Summit 2010, it could be even before 9.0.

However, I am afraid it may not be that fast. It could be on 9.X or 10.0.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's why I asked the question, in the official SAP Business One Roadmap it does actually state "100x faster than an SQL Database"

It sounds impressive but it all depends on the clients hardware as with everything.

Lots of exciting things came out of Sapphire Now in terms of Big Data, Mobility etc. Looking good for B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In theory, it can be 1,000 times faster. However, in reality the HANA is only version 1.0 still in ramp-up. It needs time to mature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know a guy at IBM India, he's getting his hands on an actual HANA environment so will be keen to know his thoughts on it!

I'm @TimTheGuest on Twitter if you're interested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://t.cn/S7zBD8 I have just seen a interview from a SAP B1 customer. And she said that she has enjoyed SAP in-memory technology.She can get the report faster than usual from using B1. I just want to know whether it is hana used in B1!