Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Greater Than Function in Script Logic File

BPC Experts,

I've got a pretty simple script logic file to calculate salary amounts, overtime, etc. The purpose of this logic is for forecasting. I have two referenced dimensions, TIME and SCENARIO, where TIME.MONTHNUM is equal to its relative month number (eg: Jan monthnum = 1), and SCENARIO.CURRMONTH is equal to the relative amount of actual months data, (eg Jan currmonth = 0, Feb = 1) because if you are completing a February forecast, you have one month of actual.

The ACTUAL scenario is never touched, but after a month closes, we copy the ACTUAL data to, for example, FEB_FCST. So, after January closes, its actuals are copied to the FEB_FCST scenario so we can complete an actual/forecast (one month actual, 11 months forecast).

Currently, the default logic skips anything in the ACTUAL scenario, by stating "*WHEN SCENARIO, *IS <> "ACTUAL" yada yada yada.

However, when the default logic runs on the forecast scenarios, it takes the same inputs from the months that are copied over from the ACTUAL scenario and adds to the original amount, essentially doubling the value--ultimately causing an incorrect actuals number in the forecast scenario.

My script right now looks like this:

When it hits line 9 (*IS > SCENARIO.CURRENTMNTH) during validation, it errors. How can I use a "greater than" function to dictate whether or not a given scenario should run default logic on a specific month?

If not, is there a different/better way to do it?

Thank you!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question