SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Structure (FM9K)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I have created a budget profile, so I can access FM9K. But how to change the budget structure and create the lower/upper level?

And please let me know (definition, difference, impact if I choose one of them) for:

> Budget Object

> Commitment Budget

> Payment Budget

> Payment Object

Is Budget Object = Budget Address?

I am still confuse about that..

FYI, I only use Payment Budget in configuration and BCS, but must I use Budget Structure too? (Tcode FM9K for change Budget Structure is part of Former Budgeting)

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget structure is not mandatory under BCS so you can skip it if you don't use it. And, as Alex pointed out, if you create it, then it has nothing to to with FM9K. Also, budget profile, is a term of Former budget and has no connection to BCS.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this tcode for Former budget and not for BCS.

Could you clarify your requirements?

In BCS use FMBSBO/FMBSBO_MULT for budget addresses and FMBSPO/FMBSPO_mult for posting

Edited by: alex ice on May 26, 2011 4:02 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget structure is not mandatory under BCS so you can skip it if you don't use it. And, as Alex pointed out, if you create it, then it has nothing to to with FM9K. Also, budget profile, is a term of Former budget and has no connection to BCS.

Regards,

Eli

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM9K is a transaction from Former Budgeting.

Just to add something to this, you must decide: or you use Former Budgeting or BCS, you can´t have customizing settings in Former Budget in case you have activated BCS, this can cause you issues with AVC for example, if you have customizing done in both.

If you have AVC from Former Budgeting AND AVC from BCS active in the same year, this is not allowed!

Please check the following in your system:

SPRO -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government ->

Former Budgeting -> Availability Control -> Deactivate/Activate

Availability Control

It should be nothing there (empty) in case you are using BCS.

Please check also the notes:

956356 Migration from 4.6C FI-FM and former FI-FM releases to BCS

429225 Migration FI-FM to SAP R/3 Enterprise Public Services 1.10

These notes are really important to understand the migration which is a separate project due to the complexity.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Dear all,

The requirement is using BCS.

I never entry Fund Center and Commitment Item combination to Budget/ Posting Address, but when I've executed tcode FMBSPO (posting address) and FMBSBO (Budget Address), there are some Fund Center and Commitment Item combinations.

How SAP determine each Fund Center and Commitment Item as Budget/Posting Address?

If the indicator "check of posting addresses" is swiched off, so must I use posting address?

How about the difference of Payment Budget and Commitment Budget?

FYI, I've never implemented FM module before, so I must learn many things related FM Module.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi.

'If the indicator "check of posting addresses" is swiched off, so must I use posting address?' - no, you don't need maintain posting addresses.

'How about the difference of Payment Budget and Commitment Budget?' -it's different ledgers, There is derivation where you can define that,if you need it.

'How SAP determine each Fund Center and Commitment Item as Budget/Posting Address?'-if you don't use BS and don't checking for budget/posting addresses then you can use every combination (except CI which have status-Not postable in FMCIA).If not,then you need to maintain all combinations

0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your answers, I really appreciate it.

it's different ledgers, There is derivation where you can define that,if you need it.

>> What difference function between both of ledgers?

if you don't use BS and don't checking for budget/posting addresses then you can use every combination

>> When I check FMBSPO and FMBSBO, they have difference Fund Center & Commitment Item Combinations, but I can use every combination for posting or budgeting.

So the combination in posting/budget address don't effect for posting/budgeting, isn't it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi.

'>> What difference function between both of ledgers?'-what exactly you aim? These ledgers updated using Update profile and value type(OF39). Wise ledger you can upload budget and control it. Eg for CI=1, FC=A payment budget=100, Commitment budget =200

>> When I check FMBSPO and FMBSBO, they have difference Fund Center & Commitment Item Combinations, but I can use every combination for posting or budgeting.

You mean that you didn't create combinations and can post to them?-then you didn't activate check(it's separate for Budget and Posting)

'So the combination in posting/budget address don't effect for posting/budgeting, isn't it?'-it's influence on where you can budgeting and posting.

Eg you have CI=1-1-1,FC=A. You can activate check and create address Budget- C1=1,Fc=1, PostingCI=1-1-1,FC=A

So you post on lower level of CI,and Budget on highest

0 Kudos

Please, read help.sap.com and search SDN; all the answers to your questions are there...

0 Kudos

what exactly you aim?

> I just want to know about that because when I choose Update Profile 000102, in OF39 (by Value Type), there is only payment budget. But by Update Profile, in Encumbrance Tracking, there are payment budget and commitment budget..

You mean that you didn't create combinations and can post to them?-then you didn't activate check(it's separate for Budget and Posting)

> yes, I didn't create the combination and I can post all of combinations

it's influence on where you can budgeting and posting.

Eg you have CI=1-1-1,FC=A. You can activate check and create address Budget- C1=1,Fc=1, PostingCI=1-1-1,FC=A

> If the case like that, can I post combination C1=1,Fc=1 and entry budget for CI=1-1-1,FC=A too?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi, I don't know what's 102 update profile,but know about 100 - it's only Payment budget updated.

In of39 you need to create records with Value types and put which Budget to be updated(if it's allowed by update profile) and how

'> yes, I didn't create the combination and I can post all of combinations'-it's standard behavior, because you didn't activated Check for addresses.

'it's influence on where you can budgeting and posting.

> If the case like that, can I post combination C1=1,Fc=1 and entry budget for CI=1-1-1,FC=A too? -' no (if you do what I wrote). To do what you want you need to create these addresses too!

I advise to find IPS910 course and read