cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII v.12.0 transaction documentation or notation???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on figuring out what each step in a long transaction does so we can easily reference that when we need to make changes. The project was designed and developed by a contractor and they didn't provide any documentation (lesson learned!). Has anyone found a good format for listing all of a transaction's sequences where I can put in a couple lines of text explaining what the sequence does?

Thanks, Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look up the PDF portion of the help and get it installed on your machine. Then look up generate documentation. Once you get the PDF functions installed, you can generate a pretty good set of documentation in PDF format which shows the transaction layout and the underlying details of each sequence and action block (a little too detailed for my taste).

And this may be why the contractor left it out of his documentation (speaking as a former contractor, ;-D).

You may want to split the transaction up into smaller chunks. A very rough rule of thumb for me, is that I like to be able to see the entire transaction on a single monitor (a rather large monitor with resolution also set pretty high). It makes the transaction much easier to understand. And when you generate the documentation, the layout of the transaction does not get shrunk so much that the details are lost.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response, Michael. I downloaded iText version 5.1.1 and renamed itextpdf-5.1.1.jar to iText.jar ( hope I am renameing the correct file). I also renamed itext-asian.jar to iTextAsian.jar as this was required. I downloaded PDFActions.jar and set that as the assembly file and then added iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar as the dependency files. I then deployed the custom action and restarted my MII session. I recieved the message that the custom action uploaded fine, but after closing/re-opening my MII workbench, the Generate Documentation option is still "grayed out". Nothing happens when I select it. Do you know why this might be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Take a look at:

[SAP Note 1109054|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1109054]

Make sure you have the correct version of the iText and iTestAsian .jar files, along with the PDFActions download file attached to the note.

Warm Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. I followed the instructions from SAP Note 1109054, and now the Generate Documentation option is no longer grayed out. When I click it the screen flickers momentarily, but no .pdf document opens. Is there a default location where the document might be saved to, or should it just appear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

You are definitely using the 1.4.5 version of the iText.jar file? In the 12.0 version I am using, when I click on the Generate Documentation menu item, I get a popup that allows me to save the pdf to a folder on the Web tab.

My suggest is to verify that you have the correct version of the .jar files. Also, you may want to clear your java web start cache as well.

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right Diana. I was trying to use the PDFActions.jar file from note 1022113 . That one is wrong. The one to use is attached to note 1109054. It is 86 KB. The wrong one is smaller. Thanks to all for your help with this!

Edited by: mikehuyck on Jul 11, 2011 8:39 PM

Answers (0)