cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am dealing with an issue that I am pretty sure that is linked with an firewall issue or the FTP server that I am trying to connect is not reachable from my PI development server. However I would like to share my scenario here to double check it.

I can connect it through FileZilla but from my local laptop. I can also ping it and the user and pass are correct.

Have you ever seen this issue below before ?

I am trying to post a XML file into a FTP server but I am getting this issue in receiver FILE/FTP adapter ...

26.05.2011 14:48:28 Information Connecting to FTP server "cust-ftp.uat.venda.com"

26.05.2011 14:49:44 Error File processing failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out

26.05.2011 14:49:44 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out

26.05.2011 14:49:44 Error Adapter Framework caught exception: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out

26.05.2011 14:49:44 Error Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out.

Does someone know exactly why I am facing this issue. Maybe because this FTP server is not reachable from my PI Development ?

Thank you very much,

Regards

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have faced a similar issue in our project. It was an error at the side of the server we were trying to connect. Our Basis team was able to telnet the server so really there wasn't any firewall issue at our end So if the other configurations are correct then the problem should lie at the end of the server which you are trying to reach.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possible reasons: Ports are not currently open. Talk to your administrators to check whether port is active or not.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

there might be a ftp connection problem.

First You check in CC Monitoring for the status of CC.

then try to connect ftp using FTP client like FileZile etc....

or you can also try by using command line...

or also increase timeout parameter in CC.

and you can contact with ftp people for access problem with this

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Diego,

Check the connectivity to FTP from your PI server by pinging the host name or IP address . If the connectivity is working fine Also check the firewall.

Regards,

Naveen.

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am facing same problem.can you please tell us how you resolved this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

As posted in the other posts, try to ping the FTP host from the Run command.

if you are able to ping then it is fine. Also check with the Basis / FTP team whether there is any firewall between the systems.

If you are getting the timeout error then try to increase pool timeout parameter.

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can test the FTP connection from PI using the test application provided within the note #1085539 'XI JDBC/FTP connection Test and XML Validation Application'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask basis if ports are open and firewall let XI connect to third party

Fabio

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out 

1)Resend the message from the AdapterEngine.

2)Increase the Timeout parameter time

Reason may be PI is trying to connect to the FTP server while FTP been busy at that time and there is a restriction in FTP like the no of parallel connection so connection may not available at that time since no. of connection has reached limit.

Regards,

Manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, usually FTP timeout/not reached is caused by networking access problem from PI to destination FTP server.

Try to ping or connect in ftp using command line, from your PI system.