Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug the code in the User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written one exit in one system (system 1) and its working fine and i'm able to debug the code too. Now all the data from system 1 has been replicated to system 2. And i have written one more functionality in the same exit in the system 2. But in the new system, i'm not able to debug the code as its not stopping at the debugging point. Code as well as the project is activated. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem and what i need to do

Thanks

Shekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe that exit is beeing called in update task and you have update task debugging not switched on? You can test this by Putting /h in your ok_code box and pressing enter.

Now you are in debugging mode, if you didnt do that on the startup screen. Use the menu like following:settings->update debugging.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe that exit is beeing called in update task and you have update task debugging not switched on? You can test this by Putting /h in your ok_code box and pressing enter.

Now you are in debugging mode, if you didnt do that on the startup screen. Use the menu like following:settings->update debugging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do debugging step by step instead of putting break point in the exit and excute. if you do debug step by step you can easily understood where it is going wrong. like above said that is one of the cause for not stopping you at the break point which you kept. so put the break point above the function module which the exit is there, then start debugging.. then you can understand.

Hope this will helps you.

many thanks,

Regards,

Kiran kumar

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

You could always run an abap trace (SE30) or the abap trace within ST12

If your original code is not being hit, it sounds like the project is not active.

See note 29826

kind regards

Paul Quinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood what the problem is. My user exit is not getting triggerred in the first place. For that exit , a badi has already been implemented and since there is already a badi implementation, my user exit code is not getting triggerred.

Thanks for your replies!!

Thanks

Shekhar