Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to lock document/file

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like some help on the following problem.

The customer would like to use NWDI for versioning BPM processes. The requirement is that, at a given point in time, users with appropriate rights should be able to u201Clocku201D the process to prevent further editing.

I have worked extensively with NWDI, but have never come across a feature such as u201Cprevent this DC/file from being editedu201D.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please confirm whether the following is a suitable solution for you?

If you need only repository, you can go for the scenario in which you only use DTR (no component model, i.e. SCs, DCs, no CBS, no CMS, no central deployment, etc).

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/38/33eb9c3e1fe2409a9eba8246b933ca/frameset.htm

If you want to use NWDI, then you can switch off auto deployment in CMS webui (runtime system config), and you can also Lock the CMS import queue (which will block the imports, i.e. no imports in the CMS webui's Transport studio is possible (until it gets unlocked of course)). Locking the Queue is possible again in the Transport Studio of CMS (development tab, cons tab, etc).

You can also switch off request processing on the CBS webui for the corresponding track if you wish that nothing gets built.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

perhaps you mean the "Check out Exclusively" feature in NWDI.

Can you please check this first?

You can do this in NWDS's DTR perspective. You can look up the file and then in the context menu of it you'll find this feature.

If this is not your scenario, then please elaborate your question.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks for your help, however I already knew that feature and it's not quite the same as the requirement.

The customer wants to use NWDS/NWDI just as editor/repository for process definitions, not necessarily for automating/deploying processes.

So, when the process definition is in its "final" status, users should be prevented from performing any modifications.

Can this be achieved somehow?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo