Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

how to lock document/file

Hi all,

I would like some help on the following problem.

The customer would like to use NWDI for versioning BPM processes. The requirement is that, at a given point in time, users with appropriate rights should be able to u201Clocku201D the process to prevent further editing.

I have worked extensively with NWDI, but have never come across a feature such as u201Cprevent this DC/file from being editedu201D.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks, regards

can you please confirm whether the following is a suitable solution for you?

If you need only repository, you can go for the scenario in which you only use DTR (no component model, i.e. SCs, DCs, no CBS, no CMS, no central deployment, etc).

If you want to use NWDI, then you can switch off auto deployment in CMS webui (runtime system config), and you can also Lock the CMS import queue (which will block the imports, i.e. no imports in the CMS webui's Transport studio is possible (until it gets unlocked of course)). Locking the Queue is possible again in the Transport Studio of CMS (development tab, cons tab, etc).

You can also switch off request processing on the CBS webui for the corresponding track if you wish that nothing gets built.

Best Regards,

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question