cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File/FTP Adapter - Matching Input to Message Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sender file/ftp adapter which is using content conversion to generate an XML document from the contents of a text file. This works fine and when I go into the SXI Monitor I can see the XML document I expect:

<ns:DN_360BalanceExtract xmlns:ns="http://xxx">

<ns:RN_360BalanceExtract xmlns:ns="http://xxx">

<BalanceRecord>

<SerialNo>xx10000780</SerialNo>

<RegNo>A1</RegNo>

<LocationTicketIssued>ALBERT ROAD SOUTH</LocationTicketIssued>

<DateOfOffence>2008-02-15</DateOfOffence>

<TimeOfOffence>13:38</TimeOfOffence>

<OffenceDescription>xxx</OffenceDescription>

<CurrentStateOfCase>RE-OPENED; CLOSED IN ERROR</CurrentStateOfCase>

<OutstandingBalance>70.00</OutstandingBalance>

</BalanceRecord

<BalanceRecord>

<SerialNo>xx90001245</SerialNo>

<RegNo>S849KMR</RegNo>

<LocationTicketIssued>ALBION PLACE</LocationTicketIssued>

<DateOfOffence>2011-03-01</DateOfOffence>

<TimeOfOffence>10:59</TimeOfOffence>

<OffenceDescription>xxx1</OffenceDescription>

<CurrentStateOfCase>xxx</CurrentStateOfCase>

<OutstandingBalance>60.00</OutstandingBalance>

</BalanceRecord>

</ns:RN_360BalanceExtract>

</ns:DN_360BalanceExtract>

Having created the XML document from a text file I now wish to use the XML as input to a web service. This will of course involve mapping the XML document to a message in the inbound interface. Question is how do associate the XML generated with a Message Type in the outbound interface. Do I need to make sure the Document or Recordset names match that of a Message Type ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create a Data Type and a corresponding Message Type that will be of the same structure as the XML structure after the content conversion.

regards,

roi grosfeld

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have a Data/Message type which corresponds to the XML structure created from the Content Conversion.

What I'm not clear on is how you bind the XML created via Content Conversion to a message type within the Integration Repository.

Cheers,

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

You need to insert correct values in the Content conversion parameters.

Document name (and Document namespace) must match the name of your message type (and its namespace).

You can find more information about sender content conversion on this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Giuseppe

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI needs standard XML data structure. At run time the sender adapter fcc configuration binds the flat file input to your equivalent XML data structure created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So as per my content conversion output above if I have a message type called:

DN_360BalanceExtract

...then the content conversion output will be bound to this message type ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Edited by: paul clements on May 26, 2011 4:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

The content conversion will create a document like that if you insert DN_360BalanceExtract as Document name, "http://xxx" as namespace.

RN_360BalanceExtract will probably be your recordset, with its namespace.

More information about content conversion on sender file adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by bound. If you mean that PI has to execute mapping you created for that DN_360BalanceExtract message type, you need to associate DN_360BalanceExtract to a message interface and then create all configuration objects and choose that message mapping when you create the interface determination object.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giuseppe,

The XML shown in my first post is the output from the content conversion.

I think what you are saying is that if I have a message type called DN_360BalanceExtract then the output from the content conversion will be bound to the DN_360BalanceExtract message type as the Document Name and Message match . By bound I mean associated with.

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

The association is done in the configuration.

Sender agreement associated to the file sender channel should be defined for message interface using your DN_360BalanceExtract message type.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, I understand that.

The main point I was asking and you have answered is that I need to have a Message Type which has the same name as the content conversion Document Name.

Thanks,

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Yes, Document name should match your Message type name, Document namespace should match the XML namespace defined in your Message type.

Regards,

Giuseppe

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Specify sender message type name in Document Name field and your namespace in Document Namespace.