cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Crystal Reports using Control-M EM, and Server on SQL Dbase

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new as a Crystal, Control-M Enterprise Manager installed on Microsoft 7 using a SQL Server databases, and Control-M for Z/os. Does anyone have any experience generating Crystal reports from a Control-M SQL Server database? I have the Schema's for both the Control-M Enterprise Manager Server, and Control-M Enterprise Manager databases.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello there,

I am happy to find you have a problem that I have solved and experienced recently.

However I used different tools but the schemas all just the same and the operational intelligence you can harvest from the database is just tremendous!

So, I know you posted this in may and may not have a need for this anymore so if you have not made any progress. Contact me directly and I can share some SQL with you that can help you extract the information you need.

Also you should let me know how you are backing up the data after your daily archives (day-change).

Generally though, you can get information that I like to classify in two major groups

1. Job Definition

2. Job Execution

Definition, just like in control-m deals with 'metadata' of a job. While execution deals with what has been executed in time and you would like to know how or what happened and by whom.

Enjoy and let me know directly what needs you seek to answer.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your assistance with this. I will play with the fields, and go from there.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe BMC is an OEM partner of CR. Best to contact them for support and how to connect to their data sources. Once connected then we can help you design the report.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

I have been in contact with BMC regarding this matter, and have created the ODBC connections, and I can attach to the SQL server Database. They even supplied me with the Schema's as well for both Control-M EM, and Control-M Server.

0 Kudos

OK, No one here will know the database so what are you looking to do?

Why not ask BMC how to create reports also, it's their DB so they should be helping you. As an OEM Partner they are responsible for front line support. If you have issues once the report is created and it's not a DB problem then we can help. If they can't help then maybe someone here might be able to.

Otherwise, just start adding tables one at a time and dropping fields into the detail section and preview the report. Then once you get familiar with the report designer and need a specific result by posting what you have done so far we get get you to the next stage... If you add more than one table then you need to join the tables, if they can't be joined then use a subreport.

Thanks

Don