cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Good Receipt without serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My client use serial number management for good movement. But they have requirement to set serial number as blank when they perform GR non stock (GR for PO with account assignment) while serial number still mandatory for GR stock (GR for PO without account assignment). Is there any possibility to accommodate this requirement? Is there any user exit or enhancement to post GR non stock without serial number while serial number usage in serializing procedure set as 03 (Obligatory). Please kindly help. Your response is really appreciated and helpful answer will be rewarded.

Thank you.

-Stephanie-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Unfortunately it is exactly the same material that could be used as PO stock (no account assignment) or PO non stock (with account assignment), therefore i think assign different serial number profile is not possible.

Any other solution?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the enhancement spot as listed . Try to see if you can get PO and check if it is account assigned and in case you are not able to get PO in this transaction then may be a work around try to do GR with transaction MIGO_GR and not MIGO. Check in this enhancement spot the sy-tcode. If it is MIGO_GR then change T377P-BSTVP to warning instead of error. But however this logic can be a lit risky.

Regards

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, they have contract for material where release order of contract could be used for direct expense (non stock) or inventory (stock). Based on contract, they have agreement for maximum qty or value for the material, but it depends on requirement, whether they need to use that material as expense or as stock. Therefore, they could create PO material with account assignment. This is kind of business process that could not be changed (at least for short term)

Do you have any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it that same material can be used for account assigned procurement and for normal procurement. If not then you can make a separate material type and assign a different serial number profile to make serial number capturing optional for the goods receipt.

Or else may be check function module SERIAL_PROFILE_READ, USING ENHANCEMENT SPOT -LINE 80

Regards

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I got error message. I cannot post the GR because serial number is required.

I think it because i am using material number but with account assignment. That's what i mean by saying "non stock GR". I know usually non stock GR has own material number or only maintain material as text. But in my client, it is allowed to using material stock but received as direct expense; therefore they put account assignment in PO and later will be received as non stock GR.

Do you have any other advice?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the solution already, tell the users not to use the material master when procuring non-stock items.

Because later on your are going to reach a point where users want to procure non-material however they will use a material number and forget to enter a account assignment and then what is going to happen????

It will result in procurement of stock materials...

What are they procuring using material numbers as non-stock items????

Thanks

Silas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try and post a gr for non-stock items, do you get an error message?

With stock items understand because your material number say's something serialized material type????????

Standard SAP you should not get a error message when you post non-stock type.

Thanks