cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff. BEx query & Webi Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Could anyone give me some idea about diff. between BEx Query & Webi Report (Which one is the best & why).

Advantage/disadvantage of BEx Query & Webi Report.

Kindly reply me ASAP.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI .........

You are going to create a report in your Webi based on a Bex query. When you run the report the system will create a webi MDX statement which is going to be used to retrieve the data.

So as we have more steps until we have the data back it is normal that the MDX take more time to return the data than the query. MDX needs more resources to run.

BEx query is using a different set of program (platform) to retrieve data compare to WEBi query, and not WEBi uses those program that is used by BEx to retrieve data from BW database and have extra steps on top of that?

Can anyone share what is actually happen WEBi query is executed (how the database is hit with SQL, and what are the tools to evaluate the efficiency of the WEBi (or the used BEx). As for BEx we have RSRT to analyze it right.

And even to test the MDX query using MDXTEST and try to get the data from WEBi report, i found WEBi report still take considerably a lot longer. Why is this so? just because BO is a different system then BW?

And as it's shared the BO 4.0 is using the same platform as BEx to retrieve data from BW database, does this mean we don't need to care about MDX usage in BW anymore as far as BO data extraction concern?

REGARDS

satish sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 4 reply......................

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WEBI is more user friendly for self-service business users who want to build adhoc-reports. For users with SAP BW with BOBJ front end, they are not mutually exclusive either. Typically you will create a universe on a query and then you can create WEBI on the universe.