Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information pop-up message

ullas_u2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having a situation like a 'CALL FUNCTION' stmt inside the body of another function.

I observed that; while I do debugging, on th very next F5 on the 'CALL FUNCTION' stmt, I am getting some information pop-up messages. I want to know that where the code is written for that.

The inner CALL FUNCTION looks like..

CALL FUNCTION 'NAVIGATION_USER_MENU_READ'

EXPORTING

uname = space

language = sy-langu

menu_get = 'X'

refresh_data_for_collect_agr = 'X'

activity_group = activity_group

all_languages = all_languages

show_agr_name_if_possible = l_show_agr_name_if_possible

technical_names_on = l_technical_names_on

no_condense_menu = no_condense_menu

TABLES

output_tree = i_nodes

output_tree_text = i_texts

output_tree_urls = i_urls

output_tree_dtls = output_tree_dtls

EXCEPTIONS

no_data_found = 1

OTHERS = 2.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

RAISE no_data_found.

ENDIF.

which is place inside the FUNCTION "COLL_ACTGROUPS_READ_MENU".

Regards

Ullas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

FIrst check whether the program is system program or not, this can be checked by opening FM and then goto main program and then again goto properties, if the program status is "S" it means that it is system program for this you need to activate system debugging and then check the sequence of lines it is executing for getting information pop-up.

The System Debugging function enables the user to analyze system programs, in addition to application programs, using the Debugger. This function is called or terminated through the menu Settings -> System Debugging On /Off. By selecting the menu Settings -> Save, this predefined setting is stored to the database and thus activated again each time the new Debugger is activated.

Srikanth.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

When at the Call function statement in debug mode, Switch on the system debugging ( Settings -> System debugging ) and Breakpoints-> Breakpoint at -> Statment Message. Execute to stop at message statments one of which would be the Information message.

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

FIrst check whether the program is system program or not, this can be checked by opening FM and then goto main program and then again goto properties, if the program status is "S" it means that it is system program for this you need to activate system debugging and then check the sequence of lines it is executing for getting information pop-up.

The System Debugging function enables the user to analyze system programs, in addition to application programs, using the Debugger. This function is called or terminated through the menu Settings -> System Debugging On /Off. By selecting the menu Settings -> Save, this predefined setting is stored to the database and thus activated again each time the new Debugger is activated.

Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth / Suman,

I thank you for your valuable information.

The reason you mentioned is absolutely correct in my case.

Thanks

Regards,

Ullas U

Edited by: UllasU on May 31, 2011 9:23 PM

Edited by: UllasU on May 31, 2011 9:24 PM