Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL Reporter Permissions - Windows Power Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Version: 2007A SP01 PL10

Forum,

I have a machine which has recent upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. The user continued to use Office 2007.

Using this new PC, XL reporter loads and produces reports, but now no longer populates budget data on reports,

it does however produce actual and historic data as normal.

Upon testing, it works when this user's given local admin rights but when setup as a 'power user' it doesn't. There are other machines in the office where users are also power users and they do not experience this problem. Other than the SAP and Office folders, is there anything else file wise which would require permissions?

Regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You may use admin user run as admin to reinstall B1 client.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

As written above, the issue is with the budgets not retrieving the correct information. This only works when the user is a local admin. The SAP client itself is fine. Hence the question, is there perhaps another file which needs to be included in a power user's permissions?

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned There are other machines in the office where users are also power users and they do not experience this problem. Is that true? What is the difference between the problematic one and others?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

It is true, i would not lie, it's too serious. I will check specifically for any changes between the power users.

Perhaps there isn't another file that needs permissions other than the SAP and office directories previously mentioned.

Regards,

Juan